A Brief History of the Tulsa Region AACA
The goals of the Tulsa Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) are similar to those of the national AACA organization – the preservation and enjoyment of antique motorized vehicles.
Our original local club chapter was organized in 1954, affiliated with the Horseless Carriage Club of America (HCCA). As time went by, many of our members felt there would be an advantage for our chapter to change our national affiliation to the AACA, since the HCCA recognized only 1915 and earlier model cars as being eligible for competitive judging at their national meets.
Most of our members had later model cars (after 1915) and felt we would be better recognized, and our needs better served, if we made the change. In 1975, at a regular meeting of the membership, our club chapter voted in favor of changing our affiliation to the AACA.
Although we are an autonomous group, it is a prerequisite that our members belong to the national AACA organization.
Our club chapter has met regularly for over 50 years, and have a record of which to be proud. We continue to grow in membership. We have a good group of working members, a great fellowship, and members who are ready and willing to help each other in various projects.
For more information email AACATulsaRegion@gmail.com